Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tokyo Tokyo Made Me Go-Go

At the moment: sleepy


You like pork cutlets? Don't waste your time on Tokyo Tokyo (come on! It's almost like Jollibee! Give yourself a little bit of challenge fer pete's sake!) go straight to Teriyaki Boy my friend and try their KATSUDON. I advise the weak-eaters though to stay away from the DONBURI stuff they have on the menu (which includes my beloved Katsu-DON.. doi!) because it will most absolutely send your stomach working triple time. If you can't stand huge servings or if you're on a date with your boyfriend and can't POSSIBLY be caught eating like a pig, then save the donburi for another day.
But in my case, I've been going steady with this guy for more than 2 years, I have the license to talk with my mouth full, eat double servings of rice and just simply stuff myself in front of him so this isn't a problem.

Whenever we're really hungry, Julian and I, we leave our fate to either the Koreans or the Japanese; To the Filipinos if we're low on cash (Silog meals are God's gift to the pinoys) Korean food, particularly those from KAYA restaurant, really DO hit the spot. I loathe spicy food but Kaya can make me eat loads of it willingly and with ever so much gusto!

And then of course the Japanese... gawd, I love the Japanese. Teriyaki Boy, Rai Rai Ken just NOT Tokyo Tokyo please...

You want to know why I'll never suggest Tokyo Tokyo to anyone? I mean, I might get forced to eat there once in a while but you will NEVER hear the words "Let's go eat at Tokyo Tokyo" escape from my lips. Never. I swear.

It's because of this...

Back when Julian and I were still starting to go out, we had lunch at Tokyo Tokyo, SM North Edsa branch. Yeah, yeah... SM. Anything wrong with SM? You grew up in SM too! Before you got to know Mr. Gateway and Old Man Glorietta, you had trusty SM. Admit it guys. Unless a Lopez, a Cojuangco or an Ayala happens to read this blog to prove me wrong, my stand on "everybody went to SM at least one point in their lives" is true. Back to my story.. so we were eating YAKISOBA (I will never forget that blasted thing) and then right after eating, my tummy suddenly felt a little iffy. Why wouldn't it be? The noodles were practically swimming in oil! I ate it because I wouldn't want to appear all high maintenance and crap which I'm honestly not, REALLY! So with all the turbulence going on in my stomach, I told Julian sweetly (we were still in that early stage of the relationship you see) that I had to go to the little girls room. So I did... and God, I could still remember the cold sweat trickling down my forehead as I stared at the toilet bowl, my stomach stubborn as ever, taunting me every second that passes. Walang pakisama talaga... I just stared at it afraid that if I sit down, bad things will happen.

Being SM, the restrooms were PACKED with people. And I don't really want to do my business in a place where people would surely react to my bowels and condemn me for polluting the air once I get out of the cubicle. So I tried holding it in. Yes. Eew. Yes. Gross. Yes, I know! So I went out of the cubicle thinking I had everything under control at least until I get home. When I went out, I had the biggest smile on my face... until my stubborn little stomach made my life hell again. I just HAD to go. I pleaded if we can go home already, and Julian, sensing something was wrong (but I think he wouldn't be imagining that I had to go number 2) hailed an FX and off we went. I made up a lame excuse like my stomach was just hurting and it was probably dysmenorrhea or something. hah-hah. Yeah, laugh.

The FX we were riding on didn't even reach much past the mall, when my stomach suddenly made a very clear, terrifying WARNING. If it could talk it probably said, "Here I go bitch, ready or not!"

So I clutched Julian's hand, "I have to go.. let's go down now. NOW GODDAMMIT!"


The FX stopped right in the middle of Timog. I knelt down in agony... my stomach wasn't kidding... it WAS pushing. I knelt down in the middle of the street. Julian didn't know what to do, he was frantic. I said I had to use the bathroom and pointed towards Pizza Hut's direction. As we went inside, a bunch of waiters greeted us. Oh-howdy-fuck-do-you-do too, I thought and headed straight to the comfort room. And the CR, (surprise, surprise) was a ONE-CUBICLE type of CR, with a small mirror and counter on the side. And to make things MUCH, MUCH WORSE, (but not the WORST yet because the worst my dear readers, is yet to come) there was an old lady re-touching her make-up. I practically lunged inside the CR, didn't care if she was there and did my business.

Of course she got bothered and realized I was doing number 2. She went on cursing and stating the obvious that I am doing my business there... I prayed to God that the woman leave and she eventually did. And then as I finished, (thank you jeebuz there's tissue in there) I realized..

...the flush wasn't working.

Howdy-fuck-de-ho.

MORAL LESSON: If it's glistening like diamonds are in it, stay away. Faaaar away.


That's me anticipating a scrumptious donburi at TERIYAKI BOY. No Tokyo Tokyo for me... no sir.

10 Comments:

Blogger Donya Quixote said...

would it be mean for me to say that i was laughing the whole time i was reading your post?

sorry, i'm just having a really bad case of schadenfreude. harharhar

you "lunging in" that cubicle reminds me of that scene in white chicks - yung "MOVE BITCH!" hahaha.

snork snork

2:04 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

hahaha don't worry donya it was meant to be funny. At that time I'd probably curse anyone who'd laugh at me but now that I've finally put it down and exposed the incident for the whole cyberspace to see, it's open for laugh.. hehehe

I swear, whenever I see Tokyo Tokyo my stomach makes a little jump.

And yeah White Chicks! I remember that scene!! I was laughing my ass off at that scene too.. hahaha!!

2:56 AM  
Blogger hahaha said...

Naku I had my own moments too. Kakainis talaga kapag ayaw makisama ng stomach mo. I wouldn't mind who's there as long as I can release it! Someone get me medicine! Haha.

Anyway, can I link you? :D

1:17 PM  
Blogger The King said...

hahahaha! oh boy, what an experience. good thing, you and julian were already together. ano kaya magiging reaction niya kung nanliligaw pa lang siya? haha!

so did you order anything at Pizza Hut? hehe =p

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teriyaki Boy is love :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Christie Lucagbo said...

ummm... thanks for the warning ha? hahahaha. boy, i had fun reading the whole thing.

and uh... congrats pala sa ust win.

to be honest... i cried too. pero it's your time rin naman. :D

it was a wonderful season. :D

6:29 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

ay ang kulit...hehehehe...:)

i will take note of that miss sorbetera.hehe.=P

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your post was actually fun. i'm not laughing - but smiling.

i really admire your 'truthfulness' with your post. despite the fact na baka laitin ka ng mga readers mo or tuksuhin ka.

:D sa bagay, matagal na naman nangyari yun. kung ngayon lang nangyari, WHY WOULD I SHARE THAT IN MY BLOG??

and well, kaysa naman ma-NUMBER 2 ka sa fx no!

miss your postssssss so much, sorbie!!! http://vindication.wordpress.com

7:31 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

prinsipessa sita>> sure! I'd be more than pleased ^__^

rex>> I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible so I made a run for it hahaha

damsel>> both teams played very well ^__^ Best match I've ever seen since.. well... since. haha

pam>> haha! yep grease is baaaad...

vinkz>> sorbie! how cute!

7:57 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

UPDATE!!!!!!! lol..=)hehehehe..kidding..dumadaan lang po.

tc.:)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home