Saturday, October 21, 2006

Oh Joy! Oh Ecstacy! Oh Heroin! [and anime matters]

At the moment: high


I'm getting better. Thank you everyone for all those kind words, even though it doesn't mean anything for most people "Get well soon" messages make me feel a little bit better.

Tomorrow is gonna be even more better. I'll be going on a mini vacation with two of my college friends. I wasn't able to go to the La Union trip my high school friends are currently enjoying (rich bastards.. haha I couldn't go because I was broke remember?) and besides, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the beach much since I just got my period yesterday. Hahaha! And when I have my period, I always feel like I'm 5x fatter than usual. So La Union Trip = Impossible. Lipa, Batangas Trip = Possible.

We'll be going to my Lola's house there and we expect nothing less than Buhay Kababuyan. Eat, sleep and play. That's all we're gonna do there. Argh! Can't wait! Oh yeah so that means I'd be in a three day hiatus. Hmmm... I guess I should leave you guys with something before I leave huh?



Hmm... this actually reminded me my fascination for costumes. And I don't mean usual fairy-witch costumes and all that generic crap. Since I'm fond of japanese animation and culture for that matter (if it isn't that obvious already) I've always dreamed of dressing Lolita (Jap version lolita.. with all the frills and ruffles and all the pink in the world) Or at least like a character in Digi Charat. Otakus call it cosplaying.

Is it so weird to like cosplaying? I know a lot of people who cringe at the sight of cosplayers. I know people who'd even openly shout out "What the hell were they thinking?!" others would just laugh at otaku's undying fanaticism. Well you see, I'm the type of person who's pretty neutral when it comes to Anime. I'm not the high-strung fanatic who'd burn all her cash for a Gundam action figure or a gazillion Naruto keychains. But I do appreciate anime. I like reading manga. I have several folders in my laptop filled to the brim with pictures from different anime series. And I'm impressed at cosplayers... I envy them to an extent. They're that devoted enough to make costumes to wear for a few hours in an anime convention. I do believe that it's self-gratifying even though I haven't tried it yet. To each his own right? I'm sure you also get high on certain things that I would find silly or ridiculous. That's why even though you won't see me being so blatant and open about my fascination for anime, I still get hurt when people ridicule otakus, especially cosplayers.

And yes, I do have a lot of Japanese songs in my mp3 list and I do sing them even though I don't get what it means. ^__^



[more about this when I get back. ^__^]

8 Comments:

Blogger Christie Lucagbo said...

for some weird reason, i couldn't stop staring at the pic.

weirrrddd.

^^

you read manga? :D

2:32 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

aaaaaaw. good for you...^_^

hehehehe....ENJOY!!=) ako, taong bahay na lang this sembreak.hehehe.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Renzy said...

you're going to Batangas too? When? eheheh...

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

otakus? tomasinOtaku? hmmm... ^^ take care.. enjoy your vacation ate..

7:32 PM  
Blogger patricia said...

i used to be a fan of anime. hmf. evaporated somehow. kakainggit naman...you're going on a trip!

hmf..enjoy the sembreak..^____^

1:00 PM  
Blogger abidubi said...

kakabadtrip talaga kasi wlang ganun dito.. hahay.. gusto ko kasi sumali sa mga cosplays din.. i'm an anime addict too.. ^_^

6:40 PM  
Blogger DES CONLU said...

hey girly, i like your layout. =) got wads of job for you to do. we're gonna start burning our asses.. as if it's not burned enough. =p school was hell last sem. anyhoo, nice. nice. nice.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cosplaying's cool! ^^ I tried it once.
Tho it can be disappointing at times when people indulges too much on cosplaying/anime or whatever hobby they have.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home