Saturday, October 14, 2006

Corsets and Prom

At the moment: sick


Remember my post Smacked and Dressed Up? I was fishing for opinion on what type of dress to wear for this formal awards night thing in school... let's call it CATV to spare us unnecessary spit okay? So when this CATV thing finally hit off, it was like prom night all over again. Here's how I looked like:


The dress runs just below my knee and I was wearing these cute little white shoes with a lacy ribbon on it.


I love corsets... they make you feel like you have washboard abs even though you just stuffed your face with a cheesedog/bacon sandwich just before putting it on. Amazing isn't it? Even the fact that you have to suck your liver in so the buttons would snap in place is magical. And I also love the fact that corsets work their magic better with chubby/busty women than rail thin ones, I think it serves its purpose better when you've got fat. Thin women (in my opinion) don't look too good in corsets... I prefer them wearing clingy, body hugging clothes, because obviously, they've got the figure for it. The point here is, I love corsets.. I really do.

CATV was... okay. *lie detector goes berserk*

Okay, it was a bit disappointing. *lie detector bursts*

Fine! I wanted to go home just minutes into the program. To disclose the whole reason here would be scandalous and I don't want trouble creeping through my window. But Gines, if ever you're reading this, you know you did a tremendously awesome job! We appreciate all your efforts.

It was nice seeing everyone all glammed up. It was like prom season all over again. Only, some got away with wearing really skimpy short dresses which in high school prom would raise so many eyebrows. We had the freedom to wear whatever we liked. One of the signs that you're getting old... people begin to trust your taste in fashion. Remember how constricted dress codes used to be in high school? In UST, a school swarming with priests, so many things are forbidden. If you stand out too much, you get hacked. (okay that was an exaggeration)

Some pics.. ^__^


Me with the most glammed up woman in the room, Patricia. ^__^


Me... with Karla; only... she doesn't know my cam got her.


More pics at: Kweyl Egg - My Multiply Account

11 Comments:

Blogger Lei said...

Awww, Niccy you look so pretty in that dress ;D.. Hahaha, I miss you alot. I wonder when will be the time I see you in a dress in personal? Siguro pagbalik ko na pinas..

Huhuhu, Nicole punta ka nalang kase dito para bisitahin mo ko..
Anyways... Ingats lagi ;D

12:47 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

awww... thanks lei!!!! hehe cge cge punta ako diyan.. sagot mo lahat ah! hehehe

Oo nga.. I wonder when will next time be... >.< I like skirts but I never wear dresses.. hehe ^__^

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not fat. Hehe, you're VOLUPTOUS. okay, wrong spelling ata.

Am back. hehe. You look really GOOD on that dress. =D

3:38 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

that's fine!!!=)

you still look gorgeous.=)

oh. and i agree. events like those are disappointing sometimes..=P

8:07 PM  
Blogger & said...

know what - you're dang pretty in that dress!! sobra.

anyway, before i drool over your pics.. sembreak mo na ba? :)

hahaha. :D ayun lang. nung prom namin - sa mga nakasayaw ko, wala man lang nag-ganyan.

@-) siguro hindi uso sa bulacan yan. hahaha.

1:47 AM  
Blogger KAI said...

I agree with your opinion on corsets. It definitely looks better on busty women, even not with an impressive rack, just the chubbier kind, like Sarah Geronimo. She always wears one, right? Fits perfectly. Just like it does you. :)

3:58 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

You guys are so sweet. Really!

Bea>> welcome back! Thanks for telling me I'm not fat. ^___^

Pam>> wee!! Regular ka na dito... thank you so much for reading my posts kahit walang kwenta

Vinkz>> waaa!! Nakakahiya naman.. thanks so much ^__^ Yeah sembreak na namin! Hooray!

Kai>> Oh yeah, she does, doesn't she? Thanks Kai you're so sweet ^__^

11:52 AM  
Blogger Donya Quixote said...

kawaiiness!

you're soooooo cute! gah i'm so jealous, i wanna wear a nice dress as well!

it's sad that you didn't enjoy it that much... but at least you looked wunderrrful! :D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Deanne said...

Sorbetera!
I soooo Love your corset!!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww.. Nice dress, Chimera-sama. Simplicity still spoke for itself. ^^ And you're not fat... *pahabol* If you're fat, then what am I? >:)

6:40 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

donya>> waaa! you're too sweet ^___^ a gazillion thanks!

deanne>> thanks! aren't corsets wonderful?

urumi>> kaya mag corset na tayo urumi!! ^___^

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home