Tuesday, November 14, 2006

You know you like it warm and moist

At the moment: Supposed to be resting but isn't



Sorbetera seemed to have run out of sugar these past couple of days. Her sweet tooth rotted and fell off because of too much double fudge brownies and blizzard ice cream. But now she comes back with a vengeance! Besides, she has to get her mojo back and what better way to do this than to go around manila for sweets!


CAFE BRETON.


Damn, easily THE place for the best crepes! I ordered a mango crepe with caramel drizzling (actually it's more like oozing lumps of caramel) and what else but a scoop of mango ice cream. It was absolutely divine. When a forkful of that beautiful looking crepe reached my tongue, my eyes almost rolled out in orgasmic pleasure. I mean I was expecting it to be good but certainly not THIS GOOD! It's not only heavenly, it's huge as well. If I wasn't so damn greedy, I would've left half of it for Julian to eat but well... Sorbetera's one gluttonous bitch (and I'm so going to hell for it) but you've got to understand me that if I don't finish that stuff, it will drive me crazy! Absolutely insane! It's just too good to pass up!

What's more, Cafe Breton's crepes can be customized to your taste! Oh dear Diet Fairies, help me steer clear of this sin! Imagine for a chocolate lover such as myself (who can eat an all chocolate meal once I'm hypnotized to forget about my weight) I can smother the whole thing in chocolate syrup and have chocolate filling AND chocolate ice cream! You have the devilish freedom to put whatever you want in that crepe. Oh the sin! The deliciously evil sin!

Oh yes, they have main courses too! Strangely though, when Julian and I were there, after eating that huge crepe, my mind was eons away from other kinds of food... or food in general for that matter. I was left satisfied, no, satiated by that big proud crepe! I remember that as soon as that little piece of heaven touched my lips, I forgot all shame and manners, without even swallowing it I mumbled "ISHH SHOOOOUUUWW GOOOOD!!!" I even made noises I never knew I could make. Now that I've come to think of it, the sounds I made were like cow mooing-choking sounds. It was someting like "MMMMOOOOhhhhh... MMMMOOOOOGGHHFFF.... MMMMMM---OOOOOOO......" Yeah I think that was it.




Err... the crepe didn't look as big as it should since I already attacked it before taking a picture of it. Hey...! If you were in my place you wouldn't be able to control yourself too as soon as that little piece of paradise lands on your table and sings the hallelujah! (NOTE: the other yellow thing that seems to be detached from the crepe itself is the ice cream.. or at least what's left of it after my initial attack.. *evil laugh*)




Here's me and Julian after the sin. (You can tell how screwed up our minds are after that awesome crepe.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CREPES! SANTA BANANA! I miss having those.. The last one I got was before the famed Esquinita closed down...around 3rd year high school. LOL.

Now you got me wondering where that Cafe Breton is.

2:04 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

Oh! oh! There's one in Tomas Morato! Just at the near corner of Alfredo's! That's the place we went to.. the place is really nice.. homey and comfortable.

There's also one in Greenbelt if I'm not mistaken ^__^ Go! Go try it! You won't regret it!

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap. i'm getting hungry!!

never been to cafe breton. but ever since i've been in those 'fine-dining' restaurants, i have loved crepes.

thank God the pics weren't that 'yummy'. at least, nakapag-control ako. hihihi.

2:46 AM  
Blogger abidubi said...

waaahh.. i want one too.. huhu..

hey.. thanks for droppin by my bloggie too.. ^_^

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aba'y isa ka pala sa mga nawiwili sa aming mga crepes. :)

hindi mo ata nabasa ang isang entry ko. nag oojt ako sa Cafe Breton. apprentice ako ng owner. kapag nagkita tau, bibigyan kita ng libreng crepe! haha ;)

umay na ako sobra sa crepes! lolz =P

5:26 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

bad sorbetera!!!!=P

hmmmp!! im totally nainggit!!!=) hehehehe....yumyum!!!!!!!!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Christie Lucagbo said...

i love crepes.

i love 'em to death.

now i'm really getting hungry.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

aah cefe breton.. good

6:15 AM  
Blogger ice_edge said...

i think i nearly drooled when I saw the crepe's pic. Haha. I can't remember the last time I had one.. And 'cause of yer post, I think I'm going to buy crepe today! hah! :D

btw, it's nice to have you back from your hiatus. thanks for passing by my blog. :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Donya Quixote said...

why sorbetera?

why must you make me feel hungry? bakit? bakiiiiit?!

[my mom makes great crepes. but cafe breton's is great as well. pero mas gusto ko yung mga savory nila.]

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARRRRR. It's a good thing I've eaten already, if not, I'll probably be drooling over crepes!

Oh, and welcome back to the blogging world. :D

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home