Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Lumps... (my lumps, my lumps my lumps!)

At the moment: fighting off sleep


Damn it! I didn't update for such a long time I'm starting to hate myself.

So... it's 2am and I have an early morning class. Great. Old habits die hard. Vacation's finally over. Operation Buhay Baboy succeeded, I did absolutely NOTHING but play PS2 from morning till night for one straight week. Yes. I am so not exaggerating. Don't insult me by thinking so. Of course I took bathroom breaks and lunch breaks but that's only a part of Operation Buhay Baboy so that doesn't count. Did I get fat from Operation Buhay Baboy? Hmm... we'll see about that.


----------------------



But the highlight of this month is my "Lump Alert"

By the way, thank you all so much for the concern. Yes, I will be taking good care of my.. uh... assets from now on. So let me tell you about my little trip to the Operating Room.

As you may all know, it was my first time. I haven't been operated on for anything. Not even my tonsils! I haven't had stitches on me since the day I was born so it's only natural to say that I was nervous. Nervous like HELL. I went inside this waiting room and found two women clad in patient robes. They both had dextrose shot up their veins and were looking pretty weak. I sat across from them with my hands folded neatly on my nap. I can be pretty lade-like you know... if I'm nervous and uncomfortable that is.

Patient 1: Magpapa Raspa ka rin?
Me: hindi po
Patient 1: Anong gagawin sayo?
Me: Sa breast po..
Patient 2: Ay! anong meron? Bukol?
Me: Uhm... opo.
Patient 2: Ilang taon ka na?
Me: 19 po..
Patient 1 and 2: NAKU! Ang bata mo pa!

I made friends with them. It's easy to make friends with fellow patients because.. well, I am tempted to say misery loves company but it's actually more of a curiosity thing. It's like a game of "Wala ka sa lolo ko" and the winner is the one with the most horrific case but still smiling and toughing it out. I'm happy to say that I kind of won that game. They were middle-aged women and I was 19. That alone guaranteed 50% of my victory. The part where I was smiling the whole time probably cinched everything.

The operation didn't go smoothly as I expected though. I was awake the whole time and the doctor asked me to alert him when I feel pain. I was like "WAIT! So I HAVE to feel pain?!" but well, I'm not the doctor and I'm a total noob on this so I just trusted him. And as they prepared my uh.. breast for operation, I began to think how lucky doctors are. People trust them with their lives no questions asked! People follow exactly what they say and for a split moment I thought I wanted to be a doctor. But after I heard the tinkling of metal about to dig into my flesh, I changed my mind again.

There were a few times that the anesthesia wore off. Yes it did. And that was what the doctor was talking about.

Doctor: Sabihin mo pag masakit ha. Ready lang..
Me: Uh... okay.
*Doctor uses something I cannot decipher but it HURTS A GREAT DEAL*
Me: mm--m--masakit po..
Doctor: Oh okay.. *injects more anesthesia*
*Doctor uses the mysterious gadget again and it STILL HURTS LIKE BLOODY FUCK*
Me: masakit po!!!
Doctor: Oh? Masakit na masakit?
Me: *tears falling involuntarily now* o..op..opo...
Doctor: Hmm.. nilagyan ko na ng pampamanhid ah.. *injects more*
*Doctor uses the mysterious gadget again and it STILL HURTS LIKE BLOODY FUCK*
Me: MASAKIT PO TALAGA!!!

I was beginning to think he didn't believe that it really hurt. But then finally the pain subsided and all I ever felt was persistent TUGGING. Like they were pulling my skin off my body without the pain. After a few more minutes, it was finished. And I was dizzy but smiling.

Now I'm recovering from the minor surgery since it still hurts pretty bad. But I'm okay. The lump was pretty big through... the doctor actually showed me the actual thing as soon as he took it out. He was like "Do you want to see?" and silly me said yes. It was pretty big. Around 4cm they said. And it was solid. It looked like a ball of flesh. Ugh.

So here ends my hiatus. I am back to reading your blogs and dropping comments!!

10 Comments:

Blogger & said...

can i see the bukol? c'mon, i'm curious with it!

AHAHA. :d dumaan, sorbie. and missing your postssssssssss. at least, you're in good health na. take care.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm afraid of hospitals and anything that has got to do with blood, so I am congratulating you for getting over it.

Take care!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

around 4 cm.. GAWD THAT'S BIG!

and hospitals...operations... at 19! wow, you're tough!

i salute you for being able to go online after that.

get well soon! ^_^

1:36 AM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

aaaaaaaaaaw gaaaaaaaaad! that's big...buti na lang ayos ka na...ayayay...

i never wanna be brought to that..uhm...operating thing..hehehehe...^_^

take care!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Donya Quixote said...

woah... i've never had an operation like that and i don't plan on getting cut up any time soon. you've been a very brave girl. *pats head*

it's been a while since i've dropped by. missed reading your posts!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. anlaki..congrats for the successful (minor) operation..hehe

6:34 PM  
Blogger abidubi said...

buti naman ok ka na.^_^

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh.... glad that you're ok! so that's why you've been gone for quite sometime now...

wishing you a quick recovery! =)

a 'gutsy' post, i may say :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger hahaha said...

I never had an operation in my whole life. If I were you, it would definitely scare the hell out of me.

Take care!
(As promised, I came back :))

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh...now im really scared of havin an operation...not that im gonna have one soon or something.. well im not sure if you know me...im not sure if i know u aswell...all i noticed is that you know jheng..and that she is your classmate..so i was able to have access to your multiply..then i came across your "blog thing"..so there..in short...i just came across and got to read you entry..."my lumps" well...damn.. as i was reading it.. my imagination is kinda wild...so... *is that the right term to use* ...
well .. as i was reading along... somehow..i am imagining myself in your position...*but take note..i am not a girl..i just imagined..* and it was like...so painful and all that..so i thought.. what more if it was like the real thing...so i though.."ei...what a brave girl she is... or maybe she just had no choce at all" but still.. what matters is.. you went through it...and now you are alright...so congratz for your "oh so great recovery..." there..just take care nlng... *nagtagalog din...* hehe...oh well.. just take care ayt? c yah...

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home