Monday, July 17, 2006

Forgive me, PLEASE!

At the moment: Droopy-eyed


Yes! The unthinkable has happened. I ran out of things to say and now, in an effort to see something new in this blog, I'm posting.. a... a..... a........ BLOGTHING! A blog quiz! The horror! The blasphemy! The blogging gods would punish me for sure. I took one though that connects to one of my passions: Food.

There's something stupid yet addicting in blog quizzes. You have perfect control of what the results are gonna be but you take them anyway. And when the result comes out, you'd tell yourself "Hey! This quiz is good! That's exactly how I am!" which in fact of course IS. How couldn't it be since you had full control of what that result is going to be.

There's a pattern in every quiz. Simple logic will straighten the path out for you. By choosing the options that are most related to each other, you begin to have a clear idea of what kind of result you're about to have. So why do we take quizzes? Why do we take the time to read the gazillion pseudo-personality quizzes out there that help us "define" who we are? (IMO: personality quizzes can never define one's personality)


To satisfy our delusion maybe?


Yeah, maybe that's it. We want something else to tell us what kind of person we are and since we have full control of the choices we make, that definition probably coincides with what we want to be. We end up satisfied. Thrilled, even. We can choose all the options that implies "coolness" and then get a result that says we're cool. We can choose all the options that implies "nerd-ish" and then get a result that says we love to read. I'm not saying everyone cheats on these quizzes. It's just that our choices are greatly steered by present conditions. What you choose right now may not be what you will choose tomorrow. You can't relate your whole personality to something like that.


By the way, here's the quiz I took:

You Are a Powdered Devil's Food Donut

A total sweetheart on the outside, you love to fool people with your innocent image.
On the inside you're a little darker, richer, and more complex.
You're a hedonist who demands more than one pleasure at a time.
Decadent and daring, you test the limits of human indulgence.


What a great result. Yeah. I like that. My ego is satisfied.

Now you tell me if I cheated that quiz or not by affirming or negating this result >.<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home