Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Forbidden Lover

At the moment: Very, very tired



fudge brownie from ice monster is guilty pleasure at its finest


Have you ever tasted sin? Yes, ice cream is indeed the luscious material form of sin, but have you ever tried its advanced counterparts?

I've been going on a "slow but zero torture" kind of diet for the past few months already, As the name implies, I don't starve myself or rule out the beloved rice from my life. Instead, I eat few and drink lots and lots of water while eating. I only take merienda on occasions and I don't go to fastfood joints. Oh and one important part of this diet is the green tea. It works wonders in removing the guilt from eating more than the usual. Anyway, I don't have to say that I stay away from sweets too. This blog is like my frustration spread out on the internet for everyone else to take part in. Staying away from sweets is easy as long as you don't expose yourself.

But while I was browsing through the images in my folder, I saw this particular picture. It was taken in one of my dates with Julian. It was that one special time he let me eat something sweet (he's like my coach you know.. he blows the whistle whenever I feel tempted to eat something "evil") So we went to ice monster and I courageously chose fudge brownie.

I underestimated the damn thing. I thought it was like every other fudge brownie-flavored stuff I get from other types of snacks. The fudge part is just a drizzle of hershey's chocolate syrup and the brownie part consists of thin little slices of chocolate-flavored bread. But I was so friggin' wrong. If some of you guys already tasted it (which I'm sure you have) you would know that this fudge brownie special of ice monster has layers upon layers of sweet evil goodness. It has two chocolate wafer sticks, white chocolate bits as well as regular ones which were sprayed all over the bowl, 6 fat, chunky blocks of sticky brownies, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and to coat everything with additional sin just for good measure; thick chocolate and caramel syrup.

Julian looked like he was regretting his decision of letting me eat sweets that day. And to ease my conscience a little bit, I just ate 2 brownies and let Julian take everything else. I also didn't eat the wafers and the chocolate bits but just slurped on the chocolate/caramel coated ice (which was evil enough for me as it is) I was loving every minute of it though. I just absolutely adored the sweet sensation swirling in my tongue.. I snickered at myself trying desperately to chew the huge chunk of brownie which didn't quite fit in my mouth.

After that fudge brownie incident, I never returned to ice monster. I was thinking that if I return to that place, I would surely be tempted to get fudge brownie again because it's just so fucking good. I might even go there in secret and not tell Julian about it. It will be like a forbidden love affair between me and the sinful icy goodness. But of course, part of my diet is staying away from places that would make me sin, I can't just go around tempting myself... I'm not a masochist. I don't want to be so close to something which I know I can never have.

That day I felt like a girl who got that ballerina barbie she has always been hoping for but then later on, realized how expensive the doll was and felt guilty for forcing her parents to buy it. I felt guilty because I thought that I just ruined what I was working so diligently for.

After a few years though.. when I finally slim down and get to my ideal weight (I'm currently 126lbs by the way) I might visit my guilty pleasure and make sweet adoring love to it with my tongue.

Yeah. How intimate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home