Saturday, July 15, 2006

He made me like dirty men again

At the moment: relaxed

I have been in-love with Johnny Depp since Edward Scissorhands and I will continue to love him decades after Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Classes were suspended on Thursday because of the terrible storm so like every normal student that day, I went out to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I already gathered news that it wasn't *that* good storywise but had astounding effects so I pretty much knew that I had to lower my overly exaggerated expectations. I don't want to walk out of a Johnny Depp movie feeling crappy about myself, I don't want to ruin his streak in my list. So far, he hasn't disappointed me yet. I even liked Secret Window.

Did I like POTC2?

This is harder to utter than I thought it would be. Y... yy--- yyee... YES. I liked POTC2. IF I'm going to look at it as a 150-minute teaser for the third movie. Even with my lowered expectations, I wasn't prepared to stomach the fact that I'd be looking at heaps of action concluding to absolutely nothing. Okay, to be fair and technical, it does conclude to something.. and that is a hanging piece of meat. I admit that that last scene creates a "WHAT-THE-FLYING-FUCK-IS-THAT-ABOUT?!" experience but that instance soon fades when you realize, "SHIT, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER FUCKING YEAR FOR ALL OF THAT TO MAKE SENSE!"

I am not being a narrow-minded bitch. I liked the movie for Capt. Jack Sparrow and him alone. I can like the effects which they spent a ridiculous amount of money for, but I won't. The "Disney Magic" which is characterized by fantasy jumping onto real life is truly evident in this movie. Every scene is filled with excitement and beautiful things to look at. Yes, even Davy Jones' fat-tentacled face is beautiful. The attention to detail is remarkable but that isn't enough to make me rave about the movie. I can only take too much action and effects... I need some story to back the whole thing up too.

I was thankful to Gore Verbinski for one thing though, he gave me a LOT of Capt. Jack Sparrow to have fun with. I was full and satisfied with the amount of exposure my favorite character had. He was practically everywhere, cracking his witty lines and rocking sideways with that walk of his... he's just completely adorable. Forgive me and my female hormones but I suddenly remembered that I used to like dirty, roughed up men (like Aragorn from LOTR) while I was watching Johnny Depp play Capt. Jack Sparrow so devilishly enticing. You'd just want to squeeze him in your pocket and take him home but of course Capt. Jack Sparrow wouldn't like that. He's not the type who'd be tied down to a particular situation... or anything for that matter.


The life of the whole damn movie: Capt. Jack Sparrow.



NOTE: thanks to Rope of Silicon for the yummy POTC stills.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i <3 johnny depp.

too bad, i hate POTC1. really.

POTC2? i haven't watched it. ;p

have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

8:32 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

Johnny Depp.. *drool*

He is one hot sunnuvabitch isn't he? I don't know we probably like him for different reasons. But I personally like him because he's quirky. You can't tell what kind of project he'll do next. He loves working with TIm Burton and I happen to be a fan also so I love him all the more.

haha! have a nice day to you too airah ^__^

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hindi ko pa napapanood! grrr!hehehehe

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheett!! I LOVE POTC!! Jack Sparrow's really cute in this one~ wooot~

stig tlga,, kaso biten noh? =/

4:16 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

liz>> super cute noh!!! He's irritatingly adorable!!! Yeah, bitin nga.. they're probably prepping us up for the third movie.. ^__^


pam>> panoorin mo na! ^__^

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the whole movie, nanggigigil lang ako sa teeth nila. just wanted to throw toothbrushes and colgate at their faces.

but yeah, love jack sparrow. has to be the hottest character disney ever produced. and i think the best character johnny-baby ever played [oo, close kami].

pero still, the kissing scene? siguro ang baho talaga ng breath niya... wonder what that would taste like.

ew. ew. ew.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really really really wanna watch it already!! >_____<;;;


Oh well, I guess I better wait for teh dvd to come out XXDDD~


Oh btw sis, I think I will be deleting my Ethereal Quintessence: Eternal Love blog soon.. I might stay here in blogspot for easier posting and stuff XXDD

11:24 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

donya>> hahaha!!! ako naman, I was imagining their smell.. when capt. jack sparrow said "you smell funny" it made me raise an eyebrow.. haha! I think they all smell.. pretty bad. Ick lalo na yung crew ni davy jones.. >.<


joleen>> I see.. sige I'll update your link sa page ko. kaya rin ako lumipat ng blogspot eh.. easier posting.. hehe next time na pagbisita mo iba na siya ^__^

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad I'm not into guys, much less dirty ones.

I dont think I'll be watching this anytime soon. maybe when the pirated DVD copy version comes out. and then again, I said "maybe".

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaah. I haven't watched it pa.

Johnny Depp is soo hot~ in those stills. Hehe. :D

Luna

5:51 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

iamstorm>> I can't help smiling at the thought of you buying a pirated DVD of a pirate movie. Forgive me, mababaw kaligayahan ko.. haha ^__^


Luna>> yeah. he's quirky that's why I like him.. The same way I like Clark Kent better than Superman. Even though Will Turner is the hero-type with that preaching voice of his *rolls eyes* I don't like him much.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah... its good that the pun was not lost on you then. ^_^

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home