Wednesday, January 03, 2007

In life and love

At the moment: trying to revive this blog


Before the last year ended, I was showered with all the gifts I could possibly dream for. My boyfriend took me out shopping for clothes, my parents bought me a cool digicam and an even cooler cellphone and to top it all off, I LOST 4 pounds during the holidays! Yes... at the time of cake and spaghetti, Sorbetera managed to shed off a few pounds. It was practically icing on the awesome year that was 2006. I got into the dean's list that year, I lost a LOT of weight... -sigh- the list goes on and on and on.

It was an amazing year.

It was so amazing that paranoia kicked in and slapped some anxiety in me. I've always been a firm believer in the thought that all the blessings you receive is like payment to the suffering you've had, and all the suffering you're going through is because of all the blessings you had. I started to wonder what kind of challenges will 2007 give me since 2006 was so kind to me. How cruel will 2007 be?

But then again, maybe it's really just paranoia.



---------------


Every year I make a resolution list that almost always never pulls through. As the years passed, the idea just got a lot more stupid. So this year, I'd be making just ONE resolution that I'll try as hard as I can to follow. Once I pull this off, I know that I can accomplish a million other resolutions.



Be Responsible.



When I come to think of it, that's all I really need to get through in life with minimal bruises. Actually, if everyone was just a little bit more responsible in life, love and sex, there'd be less pain and cruelty in the world.


In life.
Little things like keeping things in order, books taken care of (I found out recently one of my favorite books just got its cover tore off) or even just going through with the habit of drinking a cup of tea everyday is already being responsible. Keeping true to your word and your promises to yourself is probably the hardest thing to accomplish. That's why resolutions are tricky little devils that are hardly doable.


In love.
In arguments, there should always, ALWAYS be a resolution. Not talking about it is only delaying the inevitable. For problems that cannot be solved (like deeply rooted pangs of jealousy) I am hoping that time and distance will chip the rust off. If it doesn't... well.. we just have to find out. Overthinking a relationship is as bad as not taking care of it. We have to let things happen to know what CAN happen and to be able to avoid mistakes in the future. We can't just run away at the slightest hint of a brewing argument. We fight straight-on, and then we spend the rest of the time nursing the wounds.


In sex.
Uhh... why is this here again?


Happy New Year bloggers!
Here's some Caramel Popcorn for everyone!!!!



looks yummy doesn't it?



Woops.. erm.. let's share nalang.. haha!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2006 has come to pass and a new year has begun. As time passes on and on, we learn from our experiences and grow. To climb higher and farther than we've ever gone. This year, how far will you climb?

10:45 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

yes! finally an update!:)

you have a very cool boyfriend.haha.cellphone.digicam?!

i envy you a lot.:P

i like that popcorn!:D

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. ang cute ng pictures! pati yung captions! :)

happy new year! cheers!

8:51 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

have a great week ahead!:D

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home