Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ah-hah! I found YOU!

At the moment: resting



Even the "peace" sign looks frustrated.. >.<



I've been editing videos for the past week and would still be doing so next week (and the week after that... and the week after that until September 14) I've only started learning Adobe Premiere Pro this past week so that makes me a noob on overtime. I learn as I go along the way and let me tell you that it's not fucking easy.

My classmates go on ahead and shoot the videos, they make props, they paint, they cut.. they friggin mold but me? I just stay in front of the laptop ALL day. It's the last thing I see before I shut my eyes to go to bed and it's the first thing I see when I open them the next day.

You think it's easy? Just because I use my fingers, my ears and my head, not breaking a sweat... you think I have it easy?

N-O.

Editing is probably the most frustrating and body-taxing job of all. I'd rather inhale paint fumes and cut my finger with a scissor (does that happen?) than do the editing job. I'm awake almost all day staring at the goddamn screen the whole day. It's not good you know? What's more frustrating probably is the blasted waiting. The rendering is the queen bitch in editing. It is unescapable. But it has to happen.

And right now I'm sick. I have a nasty cold, cough and a slight fever. I feel limp and weak and unable to make any rapid movements. Ugh...





NEXT topic:

Have you ever been curious enough to search your ex on Friendster just to see how he has been since your break-up? You don't want to do anything particular, you just want to see how his life went on for him because for even just a brief time in your life, he has been a part of you.

I have felt that curiosity and sometimes, I act on that urge. but it's almost never successful. I usually forget their whole names. Yeah.. it sucks to be me.

Another question: are you still on speaking terms with your ex?

I'm not.

Not a single one of them remained to be my friend. So I think the "let's be friends" thing is bullshit all in all at least judging from my experience. I have this certain ex.. the one whom I had the WORST falling out with. We were just too different to begin with... he loved hardcore rock music and hung out with all his rock-worshipping friends while I (yes, you can guess) am a computer nerd who stayed at home. I loved books as he loved his drumsticks. I loved writing as he loved 'jamming' We were too different. There wasn't even the slightest chance of us complimenting each other.

To cut everything short, the break-up was pretty bad. A lot of cursing, name-calling and Friendster bulletin board bashing happened before the relationship finally came to rest.

Now instead of me looking for him and finding out how his life has been, I checked my friendster profile and lo and behold! He added me to his friend's list.

I hesitated on whether I should accept his invitation or not. He had been pretty mean to me on our last meeting... no wait, he was one big nasty son of a bitch the last time we had an encounter. He was posting all sorts of curses aimed at me in a public place such as.. yes, the friendster bulletin board. He had called me names no man has ever called me before. He was a jackass. He treated me like we never had a relationship.

Anyway... in the end, I decided to accept his invitation. It has already been almost 3 years since that incident and I think it's time I should drop the whole defensive wall. I'm still a bit nervous though because even though it has been years since one of us is available to the other for contact, there is a slight chance that hostility would still be in the air. We never patched things up. We just moved on with our lives and acted like neither one of us exist.

So now he exists once more at least in my friendster list. But I'm confident, I'm confident about my currently strong relationship with Julian. Actually, I'm extremely proud with what I have become since we broke up. I am proud to tell him (if I'd even speak to him, which is highly unlikely) that I finally found the guy who understands me and who I would want to spend the rest of my days with. If you haven't figured it out by now, that ex is my last one before Julian.

If he would talk to me again, I would probably talk to him too. In a detached, diplomatic way only though. I don't think I can ever talk to him again in a friendly sort of way which is a good thing. I prefer things that way. ^__^

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Editing - that I have yet to learn! I need a new PC first! Haha! Free space of about 80 more gigs!

The ex issue - sometimes, or most of the time they can be real bastards. The "let's be friends" thingie can suck most of the time.. but then, after a while, or a long while perhaps, we are able to move on. And face them without any pang of bitterness.

The only good thing perhaps is that he brought you to Julian, even in an indirect manner.

I'm happy for u :)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to learn video editing! i've tried the one included in windows (which is very basic) and even though it was all drag and drop.. it was still hard! All the cropping, cutting videos, adding things, timing everything.. I can symphatize.. lol!

awww.. hope e verything works out with you. :)

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness.

mabuhay ang mga masscomm. hehe...

i agree!! aba aba! hindi madaling mag-edit.unang una, masakit sa mata..lagi kang nakatutok sa laptop. pangalawa, mhabang proseso, at pangatlo..maya-maya hindi ka pa satisfied sa nangyari sa i-nedit mo.

hehehee!!

kaya yan!!=)

7:45 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

brat>> at the rate you're going, you'd be able to buy more than 80 gigs worth of memory. ^__^

cars>> yes! thank you! it is difficult isn't it? ESPECIALLY if the audio just suddenly didn't match the video. gawd I had to edit every single interview with every single damn person because the voice didn;'t match the mouth. oh well... hehe

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Adobe Premiere whatever. I love Adobe, though I'm still a noob in ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 7.0. How's that for Utakgago?

Video editing. Wow.

Such a nice work.

Along my numerous ex-es, I think all of them deserves to be a friend. I dunno, since I am the man and they're the lady - THEY WOULD NEVER CALL ME BITCH OR SLUT.

Name calling. Profanity? Nah-uh. I don't do that..

For me, it's nice to be with my exes. So far, my 5th girlfriend and my 7th are the BESTS.

Chill out. Friendster is friendster, just pray that it won't be going over the hedge =))

http://utakgago.blogspot.com anlabo ata ng english ko =))

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh i love editing! :D lol. I dunno what you would say but i do. :D what i just hate is the freakin' rendering. gawsh.

I can't relate with the "ex" topic cuz nde pa ako nagkakaBF. lol. :D But i should say that it's very challenging. ^ _ ^

hope things will work out fine. Meron ka namang Julian eh.. *uuyyy!* :D

11:52 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

pam >> mabuhay!

vinkz>> you're lucky.. ^__^ actually if it weren't for that last ex of mine I would've had the same thought too.. hehe but he ruined every good thought I had on men

paul1n3 >> I love editing too you know.. I just don't want to be doing it 24 hours a friggin day. It's taxing my strength. I can only take so much computer radiation. My eyes are weak enough as it is and now I think I notched my grade up higher.. whatever we do in excess turns to be a crappy experience.. don't you think so too? ^___^

12:01 AM  
Blogger The King said...

editing! haha! coincidentally, ive been editing some mp3s for a talents night at my org. kapagod! =p

as for exes, well i cant relate. i only have 1 ex, and we remained good friends. i think it's because we didnt really love each other, so we werent hurt as much, hehe..

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home