Saturday, July 22, 2006

Attack of the Dumbasses

At the moment: all good



After the movie: Me and Julian.


I watched Lady in the Water with Julian today. We were supposed to watch Nacho Libre (which we planned to do since the trailer came out) but we had our serious-movie mode on and instead chose M. Night Shaymalan's latest.

Paul Giamatti was brilliant. When he cried, my heart just crunched itself up and tears started pouring out. The first time I saw him was in My Bestfriend's Wedding playing a small, minor role. From that time until now, he has really made progress. It was a very convincing performance and I really think he should do more movies like this. He's made for it.

That's about the end of all the beautiful things that will come out of my post.

Our recipe for today ladies and gentlemen are Movie-Spoilers.

Julian and I watched the movie in G4 and was expecting hoping that people would have the right senses to NOT be a complete dumbass and shut up through the movie. But we were so fucking wrong. Maybe it was just bad luck that got to us. We weren't expecting to encounter these kinds of dumbasses while watching the movie:

Dumbass #1 -- He was seated behind us wrapped in the arms of his equally clueless girlfriend. At first we thought we could tolerate his annoying, fake, scratching laugh which only erupts whenever unbelievable shallow humor (like when Cleveland was getting rid of a bug under the kitchen sink) happens but gets silenced to dead air when intelligent humor reels in. Ugh. It wasn't that bad but things get worse when:

Julian: Can you please shut up?

Dumbass #1: *doesn't realize it was him Julian was pertaining to*

*screen shows heroine's scars disappear*

Dumbass #1: Ayan nawala na scars niya

*screen shows hero explain that he is a guardian*

Dumbass #1: Siya yung guardian..

*screen shows kid"

Dumbass #1: Yung bata!


.....you get the drift. I am not fucking blind. I am blessed with eyes and I can see perfectly well what was going on. I was so mad I wanted to cry but I didn't want to cause a commotion and ruin the movie for everyone else. Instead I concentrated on keeping Julian from strangling Dumbass #1 because he has a shorter patience than I have. Julian was practically yelling "SHUT UP!" but Dumbass #1 was indeed living up to his label. I can't understand how someone can be so dense.


Dumbass #2 -- She was relatively quiet through the first half of the movie. She just had to ruin it at the most intense part... that's why she makes it to my Dumbass list. I have nothing against our Bisaya brothers but her strong accent just made it all the more worse. She's so oblivious to the other people watching that it's ridiculous. This time, I was the one who couldn't contain my anger. I wasn't as courageous as Julian to actually say "SHUT UP" out loud but I was gritting my teeth and small gurgles came out. (I also didn't want to cause a scene and ruin the movie for myself and for others)


Let me paint a picture:

*screen shows a fat woman*

Dumbass #2: HAHAHA! Ayan si taba!

*screen shows a surprising scene*

Dumbass #2: *screams* Ayuku na! Waaa! Ayuku na!! Nakakatakut!!

*screen shows hero walk towards danger*

Dumbass #2: NAKU!! LUMAYU KA DIYAN!! WAG KA DIYAN!!


Is it too much to ask to watch a movie in peace? Is this the price people have to pay for watching a movie in the big screen? Everybody paid for their seats, everybody has a right to enjoy the movie.. why can't people just shut up for 2 hours? It's only two hours! I'm not saying people shouldn't speak but at least they should have the decency to minimize it and keep it to themselves!


To Dumbass #1 and #2: (and to other Dumbasses that would follow)


Don't let everyone know what you're thinking because frankly, nobody gives a flying fuck about what you think. SHUT UP for pete's sake!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

people can be so inconsiderate in the theatre. grabe.

kung ako yung nandun, i'd kill 'em both and stuff dirt into their mouths. haha :)

12:48 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

hahaha!!! very brutal!

Haay.. I'm still wondering whether they really enjoyed flaunting their friggin ignorance.

btw, thanks for visiting aaron

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

imagine if these people came to read your blog. Haha. What shame. NEXT TIME, people SHUD frikkin behave in movies. That's the reason why i'd rather watch movies at home. lol.

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha...biktima ako ng mga yan ung tipong mp3 ung pa ung ringtone tapos papatagalin ung ring saka sasagutin...sa loob ng sinehan (RENT pa lang ung movie na napanood ko na walang gumagamit ng cellphone)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last time my girlfriend and i watched the movie (actually, she's my 7th gf, at break na kami!) is moments of love (and I hate the movie!!!!!!!! corny corny corny!!)..

may naghahalikan sa likod namin.

and other guys (ewan ko lang kung kasama ako) are taking advantage of the 'darkness' in the movie house.

oh, crap.

they watch the movie for senseless reasons.

pasensyahan mo na lang. :D http://utakgago.blogspot.com - by the way, inaalok kita kung gusto mong maging 'BLOG of the MOMENT" ko.

you like?

12:24 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

utakgago>> oh wow, why not? I'll be more than pleased ^__^

Oh yes, people taking advantage of the darkness. I wonder if people really get turned on with a movie like "Moments of Love" Amazing.. the power of hormones. haha ^__^

paul1n3>>yes.. it IS better to watch at home. You get to eat whatever you want and wallow in the privacy of your home. But it's not that ideal for me because we have 3 kids in the house.. >.< they're a PAIN. ^__^

renzy>> ah yes.. Rent. Buti naman matitino yung mga nanonood nung nanood ka. RENT should be enjoyed thoroughly! ^__^

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, it's like watching the movie with subtitles for the Bisayas. Or a really horrible voice-over. Reminds me of the time when we watched Santa Santita in SM, and some freak decided to voice out his insight.

"Ay, parang Stomata." I think he meant Stigmata.

Taena, dumugo ata ilong ko sa pagpipigil ng tawa ko nun ah.

Hirap talaga pag may mga kasama kang tanga. Nakakatawa na nakakaurat na ewan.

Woi! Kelan tayo lalabas? Hehe.

>Chen<

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, may pix ka na! Haha! :) Next time, go watch at Greenbelt3 or at Powerplant.. Pero hindi rin kasi talaga maiiwasan ang mga ganong people sa movie house. Oh well.. You can only wish.. and of course, not be like them in anyhow.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, I tend to be noisy too at the cinema. Especially when I'm a fan of that movie. I remember during Xmen:3. I was talking to my friend about the series. I was enthusiastic about the topic that I didn't notice my voice is loud but my friend scolds me and I immediately shuts up naman. ^.^

11:30 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

brat>> yeah I love watching at Greenbelt! sa Greenhills pwede din.. ^__^ Haven't tried Powerplant.. Yeah! may pix na ako!

Nagi>> that's okay as long as you stop. ^__^ haha! Ako naman okay lang sakin na may magsalita, as I've said mahaba pasensya ko pero kasi kung buong movie ganun na, wala na I'm gonna lose it. >.< Mahaba pasensya ko sa mga maiingay sa theatre. Pero Dumbass #1 and #2 are special cases. Sa kanila talaga napikon ako. haha

Maganda kasi Lady in the Water. Try niyo, it's really nice. ^__^

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear, is it me and my blind eyes or is julian gaining all the weight you are fashionably losing?

this is of course a very good thing. but really? i want to know.

10:15 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

OMG trisha! haha! Somebody told me exactly that! Oh goodness... That just made my day! hahaha!!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nako pakainin pa yan si boyfriend.

ay usap tayo sa wednesday may offer ako sayo.:)

5:22 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

oh sure tricia ^__^

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA. Oh wow, really similar. Ack ack ack ack. I hate those people.

Anyway, link ex?

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what else i hate?

when people read the opening credits aloud. wtf is that about?

3:43 PM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

Donya>> people actually do that?! OMG!!! the shame!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home