Tuesday, August 29, 2006

20 Shots on the Leg

At the moment: about to be very very busy


20 shots on the leg. Yes... I've had needles stuck in and out of me for more than 20 times.

Let me tell you how my trip to the dermaologist went:

As I've indicated in my earlier post, I've been itching like mad on my left leg. And it seemed to get worse this morning when red spots were spreading on my leg. So I practically flew to the medical arts building in UST and had it checked. I was itching soo bad I almost cried while on my way there.

After waiting for about an hour and a half, it was finally my turn. THANK GOD the place was air-conditioned, if it weren't, the itch would've been unbearable.

When it was finally my turn, the doctor took a closer look at my leg and immediately said, "Insect bites"

Doctor: Do you have a dog?
Me: No
Doctor: A cat?
Me: No
Doctor: Well... some other person probably carried that insect and now it feeds on you. So what we're gonna do is get rid of the toxin in your system and then what YOU should do is bomb your room with baygon or any insect killing product.
Me: How are we going to do the toxin part?
Doctor: We have to inject the medicine on the bite itself since the toxin is too deep already
Me: Oh I see.. that's okay I guess

I forgot to add that Julian was with me at that time. He's the one who asked all the important questions.

Julian: How much is the shot?
Doctor: 350, it covers everything including the consultation.
Julian: Oh so you're going to inject her once and that's it?
Doctor: No... I'm going to do it to every insect bite she had.

My heart stopped for a moment as I reexamined my condition. My leg is practically covered with insect bites. I have about 10 bites on my shins alone. My thighs have more.

Oh. My. God.

But the urge to stop the itching is greater than my fear of needles and blood. I was desperate to end my agony. So I said yes, let's do it and proceeded to the examination room to get my leg clobbered. The doctor told me to strip my pants off but since it was loose, I just rolled it up to my thighs until the last bite was seen. So I sat there, awaiting my doom as I looked out the window. Here's how the clever doctor executed her work:

Doctor: Who was that guy?
*OW*
Me: My boyfriend..
Doctor: He's older than you isn't he?
*OUCH*
Me: Uh.... yyy---yyeah.. 4 years.
Doctor: Wow.. I knew it, he looked much older than you. Are you both from UST?
*OUCH!! GAWD!!*
Me: Yyy..yyes...
Doctor: Ah so he's finished already? What course?
*OOOOOUUUUCCCHHH!!!!! FUUUUCK!!*
Me: E..EEEEE...EE--C---E. ECE!
Doctor: Ah and your course?
*FUCK!!! OWWW!!!*
Me: Comm... Comm... Communications.. COMM ARTS!!

You can probably see how the rest of the shots went. It's like a trivia game but for every right answer I make, I get a free shot. Please don't tell me I'm acting like a baby. To tell you honestly, the first few shots were absolutely nothing... but if you're already in your 7th, the pain starts to sting more. You realize, Holy shit, I have tons more! and then the pain registers more clearly.

The last time I had a needle penetrate through me was that time I was suffering from gastritis and the doctor wanted to check if there was something wrong with me other than dyspepsia. She told me to have my blood checked. It was a lot less painful since it was a one-time thing but the part where the needle actually leaves my flesh hurts damn MORE than the "20 shots of doom"

After the whole ordeal, I felt a little better and walked a LOT slower. My leg was bleeding in more than 20 places and that, as masochistic as this may seem, made me laugh really hard. Julian and I were walking out the door and I didn't know which hole to cover up first. Blood was trickling in so many places, I was frantic to cover everything up. The situation striked me as funny and then I ended up not covering anything up and allowing it to trickle. It will clot sooner or later, I thought.

I would've posted a picture of it but I figured it might gross everyone out. Haha!! And I'm not exactly comfortable showing a leg covered in red spots and trickling with blood. Haha!! See you around guys! Thanks once again for visiting! ^__^

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch~ 20 shots. >.< i'm scared of needles too. was the doctor a bishie? ~ ehehe.. *sweat* luku. yun doctor ah. may q and a pa kau.

10:37 PM  
Blogger p a n i c doll said...

20 shots. waa..that's toooo many.

the last time i had my shots was like 4 years ago or something like that.

4:13 PM  
Blogger -pAm- said...

my god...^.^

i can imagine...

yay..hope you'll feel better..=)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Christie Lucagbo said...

umm..well..uhh..let me put it this way..uhhh..OUCH.

20 shots? what the fuck was the doctor thinking?

even ant bites hurt. :(

9:37 PM  
Blogger INIDORO said...

imagining what you might hav been, baka hindi na ako ulit bumalik sa doktor..

i've always been afraid of injections..the last time i had them was when i was 13 and had to give blood sample..but after that, ala na, at hindi ko hininihiling na madagdagan pa..

i'll link you..

http://sukobna.blogspot.com

9:50 PM  
Blogger Dutzy said...

Oh myyyy, 20? I can't even stand 1 shoooot.. Hahahahaha.

HOpe you'd feel better :D

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaaaah.nakakatakot naman.=( medyo takot ako sa needles eh. huhu.

the last time na nagka'shot ako, eh nung bata pa ako. =__=

sana okie kna. ^__^

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky you got a nosy doctor. Most of 'em just ignore you and go about their business.

10:40 AM  
Blogger & said...

i'm scareeeeed with needles.

ewan ko ba. weird no?

nung bata kasi ako - i'm injected with vaccines. at sobra ang hagulgol ko sa sakeeet.

anyway. nice question and answer portion! HAHAHA. sana hindi ako tanungin ng ganyan; baka mamura ko yung doktor.

LOL.

guudluck with those bites and red spots.

anong insekto ang kumagat sayo??

http://utakgago.blogspot.com comment?

6:25 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

Good lord, I dont think I could handle that much in one sitting.
LoL, napa quiz show ka tuloy..

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

grabe naman... that was soo shitty. I mean, isang needle prick nga lang masakit na eh. 20 shots?? aaarrgh.. ^__^

at least, you're legs aren't itchy anymore

haha I agree with ralpht, akala ko nung una acupuncture ^__^

8:59 AM  
Blogger sorbetera said...

Wow... my reply is sooo late already..

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your concern. I'm recovering now... the dermatologist didn't specify exactly what kind of insect fed on my left leg but now the red spots are starting to disappear and the itch is starting to fade.. THANK GOD.. ^__^

Yea... 20 shots are seriously twisted but at least it improved my condition.. Grabe if my condition didn't improve the least bit after those 20 shots, I am so gonna sue the doctor.. hahahahahaha

Yeah.. I think she was doing the QnA thing to ease my nerves while she delivers the 20 shots of doom. haha

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home